057 Technology's Hardware Controller
Full custom control over Tesla drive units, chargers, and more
057 Technology's control system has been designed and built from the ground up using high quality automotive grade components. It is not based on low quality hobbyist hardware (such as the Ardunio) that is in no way suitable for use in a safety critical system in an automotive environment. When performance is critical, you need a well validated design that is right for the job. No corners are cut when it comes to hardware from 057 Technology.
Every Drive Unit controller is fully tested in-house to ensure it meets all specifications so that you can trust that our systems will perform appropriately and safely. An improper or incomplete control system could lead to unexpected, and sometimes unsafe, results. It may just be an inconvenience like a power output limit, but such poor control can end up being extremely unsafe, resulting in improper torque control or acceleration, excess high-voltage current usage, excess regenerative braking causing battery overcharge, and more.
At 057 Technology, we have put in the time and research needed to ensure that Drive Unit packages from us will perform as well or better than they would have in their original vehicle. We have full control over all variants of the Tesla Drive Unit. We're also not limited by the Drive Unit's build date or software version in any way.
Additionally, full features are available, including cruise control capability. No safety or performance compromises have been made with our design. We've kept our products in development for a long time to be sure we were satisfied that everything functioned perfectly and safely. As a result, with our products, you get the full functionality you deserve from these amazing devices.
Our approach is unique, as we keep the original Tesla hardware completely intact with no physical modifications to it. This ensures that you get the full efficiency, power, and features that these units are capable of providing. With our control system you keep the full benefits of Tesla's own research and development efforts into getting world class performance and efficiency from the hardware.
057 Technology's propriety controller hardware allows the user to utilize commands for manipulating cruise control, torque limiting, power limiting, basic traction control, regenerative braking, and many additional settings to configure the system for your specific application.
- Weight: 5.3 oz (150 g)
- Excluding connector: 4.75 (w) 3.75 (L) x 1.375 (h) inches (12 x 9.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Including connector: 4.75 (w) 4.75 (L) x 1.375 (h) inches (12 x 12 x 3.5 cm)
- 4-hole or strap mounting capable
- Power Input:
- 9V to 22V DC, max 0.5A (excluding externally driven loads)
- In-house filtering design on power input specifically for use in EV drive unit control.
- No high-voltage components in the controller
- Core Components/Features:
- 32-bit RISC microcontroller @ 48MHz
- Dual high-speed CAN interfaces
- Hardware and software based control safety protection
- Secure firmware upgrade capable via auxiliary CAN or diagnostic serial
- All components rated for use in an automotive environment
- External connections:
- 12V Power input
- Configurable relay control outputs (4)
- Brake signal outputs (to drive unit, 2)
- Configurable isolated 12V inputs (6)
- Diagnostic serial connection
- CAN connections (powertrain control and auxiliary CAN)
- High-voltage Interlock Loop (HVIL) generator output
- General purpose peripheral inputs For possible future feature expansion (3)
- Water resistant connector housings
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)Q: What kind of builds have used the 057 Controller?
A: Quite a few builds are either in-progress or are completed. Some of the more public ones have been Don's Tesla sand truck and Jimmy Built's Teslonda. Our founder also still have his 3000EV project in the works.
More coming soon!